Thursday 8 November 2012

what motivates me


Staying motivated is to me one of the key to a life full of happiness and achievement.  for every person there must be something drives them to be motivated, sometimes its other people or material things. what motivates me is my mother. she grew up in the rural areas of the eastern Cape in a small town called Mqanduli.  she never had anything and her parents were very poor. she never even graduated from high school.
When she moved to Cape Town she was working as a domestic and back then things were really hard.  She met my dad and moved in with him. after a couple of years working as a domestic she quit her job and started an organisation that helped people with HIV/AIDS.  Today the organisation is funded by big organisation and even the government and she has traveled all over the world and has met very high profiled people (whom I will not mention to avoid bragging) . she hasn't only changed her life but the life of others as well in our community. 
For a person who never set foot in a higher education institution she has done excellent and I believe that anyone in life can do it. she is my motivation. Even when these blogs get a little too much for me, I continue to write them just because she motivates me to work hard.
So you can go right ahead and bring it on!


i

No comments:

Post a Comment