Tuesday 27 March 2012

if I were the boss


Oh this has always been a dream of mine and it still is, being the boss.  It all sounds so easy but it is not all fun and games. In my dreams I always see myself as a fun, understanding and friendly boss who has a strong relationship with employees. But it takes a lot of dedication and hard work to be a good boss.  
Being boss is not something you can copy or imitate. You have to be passionate and open to learn. In 2011 I was doing my internship and I had the worst time of my life. In the first months of my internship everything was going so well. We were very close with my supervisor. There was also a possibility that I could get a permanent post at the company. We were very pleased with each other, but things suddenly turned for the worst. I would get threatened when ever I made a mistake and some days would be better and other would be worse. 
I became scared of my own supervisor. the moods swings were taking turns . I would be criticized for everything I did. What made things worse was I would sit in that office with nothing to do the whole day but I would be told that I do not do my work. I was there to learn but It felt like I was being punished. I started hating the industry I had loved so much, I wanted to drop everything and forget my dream. Lucky I had  very supportive background and I told myself that this was just a learning curve. Not all bosses are going to breath fire. But one thing I did learn was that I WERE THE BOSS, I would be the best boss there is!! seriously!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment