Tuesday 27 March 2012

What is the colour of the wind?


Sitting in my bedroom next to my window.  The wind blowing so hard. It took me back to my childhood days when I was a little girl very sacred of wind and rain. My parents always knew how to make me forget of the scary wind. I would watch my father put on music in the lounge and singing to himself. Slowly he would dance walking towards my room with a smile in his eyes and joy.  My mother standing by the corner of the kitchen with a dish cloth in her hands she’d look at me with a big smile and say “yes baby, get on up and dance with your father”.
The music playing beautifully and the sweet sounds coming into my ears I would get on up hold my father’s hands with my tiny little hands. I’d step on his feet and allow him to move me with the rhythm. My tiny body would move from the right to the left, right to left and I would close my eyes and visualize myself dancing ballet in a stage full of people, I would allow the music to take me to places I have never been, I would do moves I have never done and I would fly up high, the music would lift me up and the wind would move me around.

Oh when the song ends I would be holding on so tight to my father and I would ask him to play another song  so that the scary sounds of the wind would not scare me and my father would say baby listen to the wind like you are listening to your favorite song and close your eyes and picture yourself dancing on stage and slowly I learnt to listen to the sounds of the wind and every time I was dancing to its sounds I would change its colours too. I learnt to love the sounds of the wind and today I can listen to it and visualize its colours. The wind has no colours but it can be any colour you want in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment