Friday 17 August 2012

my high school sweetheart_Love at first sight (part 1)

my high school sweetheart

It was a cold Saturday morning in long queue of students from different schools around Cape Town for extra lessons. I had missed the weather the previous night so I hadn’t dressed for that cold windy day. While standing in that long chaotic queue with students pushing around wanting to be first on the line, I spotted my schoolmate (we will call him Toto).   He was dressed warmly and had another jacket in his hands. I called on him, waving from within the crowd pushing around for him to see. He spotted me and immediately rushed to my direction.
He was laughing at me, asking me why was I not wearing a jersey in that weather. I did not respond because I had been like an idiot since I arrive at that institution, as everyone was so warm and cozy.  I went for the jacket he was carrying in his hands. Quickly put it on and joke “ I knew you would bring something for me my friend”.  Before he returned to his spot at the back of the line he told me the jacket was not his and pointed at a tall, dark guy (we will call him Lela) who was standing where my friend was. He was handsome; I could move my eyes from him, for a while I starred at him appreciating every part of his body just by looking at him. “Uhmmm” my friend interrupted me, he said that guy you looking at is the owner of this jacket and he had just asked him to hold it for him.
I told my friend that I was not taking the jacket off, I was only beginning to get warm and I will die if I take it off now, so we agreed that if his friend wanted the jacket back he would come ask for it.  It did not even take 30 minutes after my friend had gone back to his pot when his friend Lela came asking who was wearing his jacket.  At this point he was so close me I could feel his warmth, I was shaking, smiling and scared at the same time.  He was not moving; he stood there so tall, dark with beautiful big bright eyes. He had the biggest beautiful smile I had ever seen; I had never felt like that for anyone before. I kept creating images of his body in my head; I didn’t even hear him when he asked for my name.  “ Sorry if you going to be wearing my jacket at least I have to know you name” he said.  “Tessa, Uhmmmm Tessa is my name sorry I didn’t hear you the first time, its very noisy here”, I replied.

No comments:

Post a Comment